Why AI won't replace us as designers:
- Our creativity and work are influenced by everything in life, making our work unique to us and inspired by our experiences. AI lacks individually unique perspectives.
- As designers, we use our emotions to guide our decisions and create work that resonates with people. AI doesn't possess emotions.
- We can quickly adapt our design processes based on intuition and the specific needs of our clients. AI operates based on a set of rules.
- Collaborating in person with others on a project is a rewarding process due to the energy you get from each other. AI can’t feel energy.
So, while AI can be used to speed up processes and increase productivity, it is our experiences, thoughts, and creative thinking that make us as humans irreplaceable.
New Tool: Logo Package Swatch
Logo Package Swatch is a new Adobe Illustrator extension that converts colours. If you’re anything like me, you’ve found this job a tedious task, even more so now that Pantone has removed it’s swatch library from Adobe.
Michael (from Logo Package Express) has just released this tool, and it’s a great time saver. In Illustrator, all you have to do is click on the colour you want to convert, open the extension, and click ‘Add Selected Colour’. The tool then converts the colour to various colour codes, like HEX, RGB, CMYK and PMS.
Then, you can copy the codes and paste them into your brand guidelines – something that isn’t easily done in Illustrator.
To see Logo Package Swatch in action, check out my Instagram Reel.
Get a 20% discount by using the code ’designguide20’ at the checkout :).
How to be more productive in less time
Here’s a tip to increase productivity:
- Start by writing down your to-do list for the day.
- Then, move half of these tasks to a separate list for another day.
It almost seems too simple, right? It’s easy to overestimate how much we can get done in a day. The idea behind this is that overestimating can kill motivation, as it becomes difficult to achieve everything we set out to do in a single day. By reducing the number of tasks, you increase the likelihood of completing them!
I’m currently working on a Notion workspace for managing tasks. If you are interested in being a beta tester, just reply to this email to let me know!